If you are located in the United Kingdom and Ireland, welcome!
Vettery is the data controller of the personal data we hold about you.
ANNEX 1 (PDF)
Information we collect
- We process personal data about the following types of individuals
- Candidates who access and use our Service;
- Employers who access and use our Service;
- where an Employer is a business or similar entity, individuals who access and use our Service on behalf of their Employer (which is a business or similar entity), including the Employer's employees, agents and other representatives;
- other individuals who access and use our Service.
- We collect personal data about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us when you access and use our Service. This can include information you provide to us when you register to use our Service, fill in a form, correspond with us via the Service, phone, email or otherwise, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, respond to surveys or use some other feature of the Service as available from time to time.
- If you choose not to provide personal data, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or respond to your other requests.
- The table at Annex 1 sets out the categories of personal data we collect about you and how we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal data, the categories of recipients of the personal data and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods.
- We also automatically collect personal data about you indirectly, including about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access the Service.
- The table at Annex 2 sets out the categories of personal data we collect about you automatically and how we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal data, the categories of recipients of the personal data and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods.
- We may link or combine the personal data we collect about you and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalised experience regardless of how you interact with us.
- We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal data we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the Service and developing new products and features.
Marketing and advertising
- From time to time we may contact you with relevant information about the Service. Most messages we send will be by email. For some messages, we may use personal data we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you.
- We will only send you marketing communications once you provide your explicit consent. Once opted-in, you will be able to click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or change your email preferences from your user settings panel to opt-out.
Storing and transferring your personal data
Security. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal data we collect will be stored on secure servers. All electronic transaction entered into via our Service will be protected by SSL encryption technology.
Where you register for an account on the Service, you are responsible for maintaining your account’s security, as more specifically explained in the Terms of Service.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
- This section applies to you if you are located in the EU.
- In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data that we hold:
- Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies and similar technologies
- Cookies are pieces of code that allow for personalisation of our Service experience by saving your information such as user ID and other preferences. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your device's hard disk (such as your computer or smartphone) for record-keeping purposes.
- We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of our Service such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Service when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Service. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Service, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Service and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
- Although we do our best to honour your privacy preferences, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
Links to third party sites
The Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Our policy towards children
The Service is not directed at persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 18. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal data, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate any account your child has created with us.
Changes to this policy
Notice to you
360 Park Avenue South, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10010
Personal information we collect when you use the Vettery service
ANNEX 2 (PDF)
Personal information collected automatically